I am so impressed how well Year 1 continue to work hard, show resilience and learn new routines.
This week we continue our learning journey 'The Queen's Hat' we have been talking about how stories have a beginning, middle and end. We have sequenced a different version of the story and used our phonics to write labels. The children use the grow the code mat to support reading and writing (please see attached).
In Phonics we have been revisiting and reviewing our learning from year R, reading and applying digraphs (two letters one sound) and trigraphs (three letters one sound) in longer words.
In Maths, we continue our learning of place value, working out missing numbers in a sequence and finding one more than a given number to 10.
* Maths fluency cards have been sent home this week, please practise so children are fluent in knowing the answers, children need to be able to say the answers quickly.
* Little Wandle e-book - log on details can be found in your child's reading record and an information leaflet was sent home this week on how to access this. Read at least once a week.
* School reading book - Read daily
*Library book - share together
* Extra reading 'sora app' e-books - log on details in reading record.
* Edshed activities will be set next week.
I have updated the parents handout sheet given at meet the teacher in July, there are a number of useful links.
As always if you have any questions or concerns please email myself or Emma.
Have a lovely weekend.
Year 1 Team