When your child joins the school, as part of the enrolment process, we ask for your permission to take photographs and to use them on the school website and/or publications. If at any time you wish to amend the permission any change needs to be made in writing. We are proud to showcase what our children do whilst they are at school and in the wider community. We would for example like to be able to: - Include pictures on class blogs when children are on school trips so that you can share their experiences - Celebrate children’s achievements visually in the school newsletter - we require website consent as the newsletter is posted on the school website - Display children’s work - this will only be identified by class - If you agree to your child being part of any photograph that is being displayed on our social media page i.e. Instagram, children will not be named. Further details are given below. However, if you have any questions relating to multimedia consent, please contact the school office.
Occasionally, we may take photos of the children at school. We may use these images in our schools prospectus or in other printed publications that we produce, as well as on our website or on project display boards at our school. We may also make video or webcam recordings for school-to-school conferences, monitoring or other educational use.
From time to time the school may be visited by the media who will take photographs or film footage of a visiting dignitary or other high profile event. Pupils will often appear in these images, which may appear in local or national newspapers, or on televised news programmes. To comply with data protection legislation, we need your permission before we can photograph or make recordings of your child for promotional purposes. Please answer the following questions 1 to 5 below. The information you provide will be securely stored and processed within the EEA and not used for any other purpose than confirming your permission to use the material. We will use images in accordance with Hampshire County Council retention schedule - 5 years from signing or when your child leaves the school. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time in writing. Please note that the press have some exemptions from data protection legislation and may want to include the names and personal details of children and adults in the media.
1. My child’s photograph can be used in printed publications that we produce for promotional purposes or on project display boards. * Yes No
2. My child’s image can be used on our website. * Yes No
3. We may we record your child’s image on video or webcam * Yes No
4. I am happy for my child to appear in the media. * Yes No
5. I am happy for my child to appear on Social Media e.g. Instagram *Please note that once images are uploaded, they will be subject to the terms and conditions of the social media site. Neither you nor the school will have control over how those images are further used, amended or reproduced, either by the site or by the public. Please note that websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies. Yes No Name of Parent/Carer: *
Name of Child *
Year Group: *