Our vision for RE:
At Brockenhurst C of E Primary School, we believe the teaching of RE should allow children to explore and reflect on their own way of life and develop an understanding of religious and non-religious ways of living. Through RE lessons, the children should be encouraged to ask questions and recognise that different people respond in different ways to their questions.
We aim to:
• Allow children to develop a secure understanding of the Christian faith.
• Help the children to learn about and build respect of other religions, understanding differing religious traditions and cultures.
• Value and reflect on their own faith and beliefs and introduce them to other faiths within and outside of our community.
• Through links with the Church, allow the children the opportunity to experience places of worship.
• Progress the children through religious concepts, increasing in complexity throughout their primary education.